iPhone III Jailbreak may be screwed

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by red_5, Apr 14, 2009.

1. red_5

red_5 Member

If Apple just barely purchased those NAND chips, according to the front page, they may not have even begun building the new iPhones yet which means there is very likely still time to seal up the exploit discovered by the dev teams on the iPod Touch 2g...
  2. jek

jek New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    That would be a very bad day. Thats why I decided to get a 3G now and if I want 3.0 I can just buy the update.
  3. Mircix

Mircix Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    iphone users don't pay for 3.0
  4. nikj14

nikj14 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    he means the new model's jailbreak is screwed. 3.0 is already jailbroken.
  5. ZunePod

ZunePod Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    It depends on which processor they have chosen
  6. red_5

red_5 Member

why would they choose a different processor when they know they can seal the exploit? Unless it's something radically new and better, I'm betting they will stick with the current processor and tighten it up. Maybe just make it faster.

If they do choose a new processor, they better be dang sure it's locked up tight. On the same note, choosing a new processor will probably give us new exploits to work with.
  7. SiN Altr Ego EL

SiN Altr Ego EL New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    they will pick a new processor because they want a new and faster iphone.. think about it...

y would apple want to keep the same speed processor on a new iphone that has EVERYTHING else new, but the processor is still the same...? i mean.... it a good idea for them to do it.. but lets hope they cant fix the exploit..
  8. Alt+F4

Alt+F4 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think they should choose the new nVidia mobile chipset, i forget what it's called though.
  9. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Well, it has been rumored for a while now that Apple was planning on using the same processor as the 2G. But then *that company* decided to make some money and sell that jailbreak.
    We probably would have gotten the 2G jailbreak about now or not even yet if they hadn't released it.
  10. SiN Altr Ego EL

SiN Altr Ego EL New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    that is possible.. but... whats in the past is in the past.. what "that company" did, they did, and we can't do anything now to change it.. we just have to hope that apple didn't have time to fix it, or if they did, hope that they left open an exploit that the dev team can find with ease... i mean.. the worst that can happen is that apple closed up the current exploit, and the dev team has to find a new one.. yes that could take time... but its not THAT bad... well.. i mean for the dev team it does suck... cause they do need to take time out to search... and then they'll get spammed with "BWAHHH Wh3Re iZ Expl01T!!!!???!?!?!?!?!?!" from impatient people... which sucks... but.. for some people who have patience.. not so bad..