iPhone has a headset.

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by Jas1222, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Jas1222

Jas1222 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    My idea is using the iPhone as a headset for your PC/Mac.

What I'm talking about is use your iPhone microphone as a microphone input on your PC and then any output from the PC goes straight to your iPhone. What I would use this for is Ventrilo, I could be playing my PS3 on the couch and have my PC connected to Ventrilo. All the output of the PC goes straight into my iPhone and played through the headphones and my microphone input goes into the input of the PC. I know it sounds bit complicated but its just using the iPhone as a headset for your PC.

I'm sure this app could be of some use to anyone for anything else, not just ventrilo. But another major thing is keeping the lag minimal. I'm aware of the app 'Headset' by SHAPE services but unfortunately that does not support OSX and the developer has no plans to =[ The PC software would have to be used as an input and output device for audio settings and the connection would have to be over Wi-Fi.

PC & Mac should both be supported since it would require a program on the PC aswel, and if anyone does decide to use this idea (PM me to let me know you're developing it, also I would LOVE to beta test it), please don't release it until both OS's are supported =D

EDIT: Attempted a Digram but it failed

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Seems like making sure you have bluetooth support in your PC and buying a bluetooth headset to connect would be so much simpler.
  3. Jas1222

Jas1222 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Bluetooth loses quality with much shorter distance than wifi, they're also uncomfortable and most use one ear also the fact that the battery drains alot.