iPhone games on the iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Enter-Brain-Ment, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Enter-Brain-Ment

Enter-Brain-Ment New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Hi!

We are currently producing our game Somersault and were very excited about the release of the new iPad and that it will be compatible with iPhone apps. But we were wondering how especially 2D games will look on a bigger screen… Somersault should work fine as the whole game is 3D but we are not sure if the processor of the iPad is strong enough to let the games run smoothly on a higher solution.

What do you think or did you hear anything about that?
  2. stillercity

stillercity New Member

Well the processor of the iPad is a LOT better than the iPhone's processor. If that's what you're asking. It's a 1 GHz Apple A4 processor, which is niiiice.
  3. Doobie

Doobie New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    always depends on what you make.
    but wit 1Ghz of power, you shouldnt be worried. Unless of course you're developing games that look like call of duty MW2..

xD
  4. helikido

helikido New Member

remember, that extra power is for the extra resolution so it does not lag. but since the ipad can play blue ray and hi def vids, i'm sure it will play games that are not highly detailed. it does not matter about the cpu. you should take a look at the gpu.
  5. Harry Goldfarb

Harry Goldfarb New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    yea to have high quality games you must have a solid gpu, but you must agree for semi portable gaming (more portable than a laptop) it will raise the bar
  6. oaqque

oaqque New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Wait a sec. Thats the first time i've heard about Blu Ray and Hi Def Vids.
  7. Zc456

Zc456 Member

I really want to know where "Blue-Ray" came from. That's what I call high-exceptions. Now if they added iTunes Extras to the iPad that'd be nice.