Iphone game over... not a normal 1604 Mistake ... !

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by dj atl, Jul 22, 2008.

1. dj atl

dj atl New Member

Hey dudes... after updating my iphone (2.0 Original to 2.0 pwnage custom firmware) , my iphone just shows the Boot logo & the Recovery logo ... i tryed to downgrade ... to recovery..( in dfu mode & in rec. mode) with 3 mac´s & pc´s ... with Itunes 7.5 up to 7.7 ... from 2.0 ( custom ) to 2.0 ( original ) ... from 2.0 ( custom ) to 1.1.4 ! ... but everytime Itunes shows me the mistake 1604 or 1601 ..!

so my question is... can i Formate the whole iphone ? or is there another way to recover my iphone ?!

thanks for reading...
  2. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    you need to use iTunes 7.5 to downgrade from 2.0.
  3. dj atl

dj atl New Member

read first the post please...

" i u used 7.5 til 7.7 ..."

:S
  4. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    oh sorry about that. try looking at the apple help pages (look for error 1604 and 1604), and be sure to search the forums and use Google.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I did a little searching myself.
  5. dj atl

dj atl New Member

thank you man .. but i allready know the meaning of the "errors" ... so i called this thread " not normal 1604"

i uninstalled itunes a few times...

so ... i think... my least chance is...that i erase all things on the Iphonedisk... :S
  6. planetbeing

planetbeing New Member

When restore fails, iTunes tells you what's wrong in the log file

C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Updater Logs (or something like that) on Vista

C:\Documents and Settings\YourName\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Updater Logs (or something like that) on XP.

Paste them if/when you have issues.

If it fails late in the restore, the issue is probably with your baseband being too new. Try an IPSW that has baseband update disabled.
  7. dj atl

dj atl New Member

Hm there isnt any folder with this file´s .... i searched on my macbook under bootcamp xp...and i searched on my vista laptop... but noway..there is nothing... so im gonna try to downgrade the baseband to 3.9 (?!) and wich IPSW has a disabled baseband update ?!

sincerly atl