iPhone firmware update 1.1.3 to allow voice recording & Hard Disc use

Discussion in 'Apple Discussions, Rumours and Speculation' started by Vissionary, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Vissionary

Vissionary New Member

Possible wifi-radio reception may also be possible with the upcoming iPhone fw update according to maclife.

iPhone 1.1.3 is set to arrive as early as this weekend, and is all but confirmed to pack some commonly requested features such as voice memo recording and disk mode.

?The disk feature behaves like the equivalent for iPod and will still block users from simply dragging and dropping content to load the phone with playable music, CNET says. Enabling disk mode should still allow knowledgeable users to browse the content on the phone, though this is not expected to be of any use to the hacking community, which has already gained access to the phone?s software.? - Cnet

Anyone else know what else is to be expected in the upcoming iPhone fw update?
  2. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If Apple is goanna push Brand new, more/less advanced features every month or two... They are just playing with us. They check these Forums and know what we are up to, they arent stupid. I think that they are just playing with us....
  3. Jrman09

Jrman09 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    They do seem to be toying with us...I guess that stuff would be ok for an unhacked iPhone. Jailbroken ones already have all of that stuff.
  4. iTyler

iTyler New Member

how would it allow voice recordig there is no mic
  5. ydoucare

ydoucare New Member

This if for the IPHONE not iPod touch.
  6. iTyler

iTyler New Member

then why is it in iPod touch general chat
  7. linds

linds New Member

those were just rumours anyway
  8. synagence

synagence New Member

Gonna have to be one seriously major update for me to leave jailbroken 1.1.2 behind

Can't see me updating before 3rd party app support and/or flash in browser and even then i'll try to wait until 1.1.2 > x.x.x jailbreak is done

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. optikalblitz

optikalblitz New Member

I'm with synagence.

Though aren't we expecting to see SDK's available to the 3rd party come january anyway? hmmm Jobs what are you up to..................

I'd just recommend to anyone planning on jumping on the 1.1.3 to keep a copy of 1.1.2 on your HD to load when .3 kills Summerboard, et al. lol
  10. chrischris292

chrischris292 New Member

good point however it isnt that hard to figure out it is for the iphone cuz it said "iphone update"