iPhone Firmware 3.1.3 without an actual update!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Bendji, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Bendji

Bendji New Member

Device:
    iPhone

Please Register or Log in to view images

BigBoss released a firmware spoofer called “Firmware 3.1.3″. What this does is actually tricks your device into thinking you are updated which in-turn allows you to install and work 3.1.3 only apps. It will even show your device in iTunes as 3.1.3 and you won’t get that constant bug when you load iTunes to update. This is only supported if you have firmware 3.1.2.

Note this does not update your firmware in anyway whatsoever. The author BigBoss also stated that he “thinks that spoofing is a bad idea, but this is a unique time where many users are accidentally updating and losing their jailbreak. Therefore, this package will help prevent that”.

Also uninstalling will revert back to firmware 3.1.2. It’s available in Cydia on the BigBoss repo. Use at your own risk.
  2. coledes19

coledes19 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Where do I download this?
  3. m0in

m0in Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    "It's available in Cydia on the BigBoss repo"

Does that answer your question?
  4. coledes19

coledes19 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    NO it certainly does not. I just jailbroke my Ipod and I don't know where to get it. I know its in Cydia but where?
  5. Happyman7

Happyman7 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Go to Cydia and to the "Search" bar, type in a keyword such as "Spoofer." And look for it.
    ~~~
    Before you install anything with Cydia/Rock, it is always a good idea to look around and explore, so you know where things are.