iPhone file browser?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jonnyboyiphone3G, Mar 22, 2009.

1. jonnyboyiphone3G

jonnyboyiphone3G New Member

Hi is there any app which allows you to browse the content of you phone and move/copy files where you like.. I have iPhone 3G 2.2.1 jailbroken.

Thanks
    Jonathan
  2. aaron11193

aaron11193 New Member

Funnily enough, Cydia has a package called Finder.
  3. jonnyboyiphone3G

Thanks arron. Will give it a try now and give a reply how I get on.
  4. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    The problems with finder is that you are stuck in the "mobile" directory and when you try to open up an apps folder, for example tap tap revenge you cant get into the root folder of the app, it just boots the selected app. most of my time on my ipod is spent changing permissions of files which i cant do through finder.
  5. jonnyboyiphone3G

Very intresting.. I just had a go in mobilefinder seems ok you have to go in settings to show all files. What I'm looking to do is when I've downloaded a video from mxtube I want to put the file in the iPod folder so I can view it from iPod app same goes with music.. I've found the files from mxtube but I can't find where to put them so they will play... any clues?
  6. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i dont use mxtube sorry, the most likely thing is that its stored within the mxtube.app folder which isnt accesable through mobilefinder because all it would do it launch the app

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. aaron11193

aaron11193 New Member

You can't get files that you have downloaded to play on the Videos or Music apps.
    You need to sync them with iTunes. iTunes modifies the iTunesDB file so that the apps know the music/videos are there.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
  8. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    its not like that with Mxtube, it runs off a paralel system that doesnt interfere with the built in music/video app, to retreive the vids properly you need to SSH
  9. jonnyboyiphone3G

Strange.! I can access the files on mxtube I found them using mobilefinder and I can move them around... I'm new to this jailbreak thing. Ipod app play mp4's video from iTunes right?? That's what the mxtubes files are. If I can only find the folder were they are stored???
  10. Achy9

Achy9 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    The app you're talking about already downloads the files in the format so they would work on your iPhone, so all you'd have to do is SSH into your iPod, take them out and sync them with iTunes.

Correct me if I'm wrong.