iOS 4.1 iPhone faster? what is "venice"?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by picklejw, Sep 10, 2010.

1. picklejw

picklejw Member

Device:
    iPad
    Hi ok so I have a iPhone 4, im greedy I want it faster! So I read stuff about no background on the iPhone 3G did help with speed alot, so I edited the N90AP.plist in the SpringBoard.app folder so I do not use backgrounds. It seems to run faster, dos anyone know what the "venice" key is for? I would try it but I am about to go to Night Of Joy, Disney World. So I do not want to brick my iPhone right before the trip. Any help?
  2. touch_sensitive

touch_sensitive Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The iphone 4 is not fast enough for you... ... get a jet plane.

I don't think you shoud be messing around with settings you don't know just in case. Research what you're doing first and try and find guides etc. GOOGLE is your friend.
  3. picklejw

picklejw Member

Device:
    iPad
    Well I just want to get the most out of my iPhone, iPad is faster compared to the iPhone slightly. Taking off backgrounds not only made it much faster but that is one less thing it will have to load and manage during run time, which means better bettery life. And I got impatient I do not know what Venice changed but dos and it will not brick your device. I already save 5% battery with auto3g during school when I don't use it, I am going on a trip and just want to save battery life and also be faster.
  4. Nickmadkiller

Nickmadkiller Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Try removing daemons and such.
  5. palz

palz Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It has to do with facetime.