iPhone Family Plan Data Usage?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rohit92, Aug 10, 2008.

1. rohit92

rohit92 New Member

Hey guys,
    I have been reading online that there is a 5 GB soft-cap on the AT&T service, but I was wondering, is this for every phone or all the phones combined (which does not really make sense). I managed to get NetShare from the iTunes Store while it was hot and not really sure if it will effect my plan my adding extra charges. So I wanted to ask the community, if I stay under 5 GB in data usage from the phone and using it as a modem on each, then will I be fine?
  2. DJ Xander

DJ Xander New Member

The 5GB cap does not apply to iPhones, as long as you are using the iPhone under AT&T and as long as you have a plan with unlimited data that supports an iPhone.
  3. rohit92

rohit92 New Member

And how about for NetShare, how much usage should I be able to use with it without getting a hassle from AT&T?
  4. Andy Huang

Andy Huang Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You will get in trouble pretty quick, as that's tethering, which is strictly prohibited in the agreement you have with the carrier.
  5. Jesus69

Jesus69 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Well I seriously dont think it will be an issue as long as you don't do any heavy internet usage on your laptop while tethering...btw dont worry about the cap all iphobe plans have unlimited data...