Iphone Factory Unlocked Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sickamore, May 19, 2009.

1. sickamore

sickamore New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I would like to know something, If i bought a iphone which is factory unlocked from the begining. Which means it can use any sim card. What i would like to know is if i update to software 2.2.1 and have the baseband of 02.30 does it affect the phone from using any sim card. What i would like to know also is the factory unlocked iphone different to the iphone AT&T selling on contract in terms of security for sim. Thats all i would like to know thank you. I am new here but would like to know this crucial info.
  2. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    OK buddy first of all keep the iphone in it's original state. No need to hack it jailbreak it or whatnot ok b ball?

And second. WEll if you so want to jailbreak it. Just use Winpwn. Don't worry about basehand or baseball or anything that has to do with a ball. And follow the directions and your set!
  3. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Your factory unlocked phone will remain unlocked no matter what updates you do.

There is no problem jailbreaking it but when going through the process don't activate the iphone through the jailbreak software. If you do it may un-unlock your iPhone!