iPhone extra cost?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by raEEv3, Mar 31, 2008.

1. raEEv3

raEEv3 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    I'm planning to sell my ipod touch for an iphone. I've jailbroken my ipod touch and seen iphone applications/ tools/ and what not for iphone in the installer and there's like Caller ID and like ringtones. I was wondering, if I don't have like caller ID on my cellphone plan, but I download it in the installer on my iPhone, will it charge me on my phone bill for caller ID? I'm kinda confused with it. I watched a video on youtube where a girl got a 300 page phone bill from AT&T on her iphone, and I was totally shocked. Also, I don't have free internet access on my regular phone, but theres access to internet on the iphone, if I got on safari will it charge me?
    There's also voicemail... do I have to pay for that too if I install it from the installer?
  2. DJ Xander

DJ Xander New Member

the 300 page iphone bill was a printout of every sms she sent and every call she made or received on an individual page per sms or call. so it wasnt some thousands of dollars, dont worry

the caller id thing installer lets you erase individual call records, and i think theres another one that lets you block your number

this isnt an extra charge on your bill, its a hack that allows that information to be processed to your phone regardless of whether you pay for it or not. im not sure if this applies only to at&t or other carriers, but private numbers still come up private, but numbers you dont have in your contacts list come up with a name
  3. JustinCarpenter

JustinCarpenter New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Caller ID, voicemail, and internet are all included in the plan. (Voicemail and caller ID are free)
  4. iJuleguy

iJuleguy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    McFly, of course there's Caller ID.

It actually includes 200 text messages, Visual Voicemail, and Internet.