iPhone... EH?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ska18, May 13, 2008.

1. ska18

ska18 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    so the iPhone is finally coming to Canada. Which is a bummer cause I can unlock them and I unlocked like 4 for ppl at my school. And they all thought it was SOOOOO COOL. And now everyone is going to have it when it comes out. I have a sidekick slide but its unlocked and literally no one at my school even has a sidekick which is cool cause I'm like the only one right. But since my sidekick is unlocked I can't use any of the mobile browsing. Which is a bummer. So I am really interested in getting the new iPhone when it comes out.
    So I guess after that rant my whole point is - ROGERS.
    rogers is going to pick it up right? And the rogers data and txt plans state 'unlimited' but ARE NOWHERE CLOSE to unlimited.
    So I guess my question is, do you think that rogers is going to come out with a special 'iphone plan'? I guess they would need to right? I'm just worried cause ppl who have gotten they're AT&T bill messed up in the states got like $4000 bills - i guess the iphones data usages speak for itself... And my one friend got stuck with a $700 phone bill with his unlocked iPhone with rogers, because the 'unlimited' data really isn't unlimited.

Any thoughts, comments?
  2. iamcanadian

iamcanadian New Member

Ahh, FYI rogers has no unlimited data plan, nor do they say they do....
  3. Zee

Zee Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The data plans in Canada suck and they're not changing anytime soon. I'll be getting the iPhone when it comes out in Canada, but I'll stick to wi-fi for my web browsing and only use it as a phone/ipod.
  4. Elric

Elric New Member

Yes, I will have an iphone, but I will use the WiFi instead as well. Unless of course, we get the same price plans, but Canada is the worst country in the world for Cell Phones, we pay as much as double for the "service", and our phones are outdated by nearly 2 years except in very rare occurrences, and when we DO get a phone that is relatively "high tech", whichever company gets it, has most of the features removed and their own software branded into it. Ask any Rogers customer. You have to hack ALL cell phones in Canada to get all the features and remove the bloatware (Rogers Music Browser/Player). My Sony Ericsson had almost twice the features, games and options than when I got it from Rogers. AND Flash menus that for some reason Rogers removes.

Bottom line. Debrand EVERY phone you get.
  5. ska18

ska18 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yeah. oh well, canada usually gets ripped off with everything, HA.
    like i said above my sidekick is unlocked, and tmobile made the sidekick software so you cannot have ANY ringtone on your phone unless downloaded from the catalogue. which i cant even access cause my rogers edge network wont even connect to the sidekick (i even configured the APN settings and stuff).
    but oh well. just another way for companies to make even more money then they already do.
    can you get free ringtones on the iphone? or is it locked so you can only do the itunes ones you buy?
  6. ska18

ska18 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yeah. oh well, canada usually gets ripped off with everything, HA.
    like i said above my sidekick is unlocked, and tmobile made the sidekick software so you cannot have ANY ringtone on your phone unless downloaded from the catalogue. which i cant even access cause my rogers edge network wont even connect to the sidekick (i even configured the APN settings and stuff).
    but oh well. just another way for companies to make even more money then they already do.
    can you get free ringtones on the iphone? or is it locked so you can only do the itunes ones you buy?
  7. timmychan

timmychan Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Double post, well, you can get free ringtones. It may be locked so you cant get other ringtones. to get the ringtones, cut out a small part of the song you want and get someone to send it to you