Iphone ear buds with Mic and Ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch VoIP and Telephony' started by deep_ipodtouch, Feb 17, 2008.

1. deep_ipodtouch

deep_ipodtouch New Member

HI All,

Firstly not sure if this is possible, but then i thought to put forward this question in the forum.

Is it possible that we take the Iphone ear buds with MIC and then interface it with the audio line in , can we get this mic working?

If this is possible then its a much simpler way to make an mic for yourself.

if any one has experimented this or having this work please let me kown how to do this (pictures or videos would be helpful)

Thanks.
    JailBroken Ipod touch 1.1.3 with all the Apps working fine.
  2. jkeiser

jkeiser New Member

i have no idea if it could be done but if i can i want one
  3. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

no it does not work because the ipod touch does not support line in, only line out
  4. admkenshin

admkenshin New Member

It supports line in through the dock connector. If people have managed to build a microphone, they can manage an adapter for the iPhone headset.
  5. herchu

herchu New Member

I agree. I've proposed the same thing some time ago.

The adpater might need to converter both line-in and line-out so the internal electronics could be more expensive that the current mics advertised around here. Also the customer would need to buy an iPhone headphone so the total cost would necessary be high. In spite of the cost the overall result will be better in terms of quality and confort.
  6. unicum

unicum New Member

7. elkeegano

elkeegano New Member

yah i was wondering if that would work with VOIP
  8. x24motox

x24motox New Member

i want someone to mod the iphone headphones so that they will plug in at the dock connector so that you can get both audio-in and audio-out......if i was smart enough...i would do it myself.