iOS 4.0 iPhone doesnt allow as long folder names as iPod touch?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Leonick, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Leonick

Leonick Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    OK so basically, I have just got my iPhone 4 today and I've run in to something strange.

On my old second gen iPod Touch running 4.0 I have a folder called "Network Tools" and on the springboard it's full name is shown.
    But when I when created a folder with the same name on the iPhone 4 on the springboard the name is shown as "Netwo...Tools".

I have synced the iPhone with a backup of the iPod so they have the same settings.

Anyone else noticed something similar? Why doesn't the iPhone allow as long folder names? Seems strange...
  2. Vasily

Vasily Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I've had the same issue before but what I tried was after making the folder, I'd make the folder wiggle, open it to edit the title, try to delete any spaces after the word and press the home button. In most cases, it worked and the longer name was displayed properly. I think what happens is iOS suggests the folder name/suggests words as you type and you end up using that along with the space that you pressed as you accepted the suggestion. Hope this helps
  3. Leonick

Leonick Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Nope no extra spaces...
  4. AttackAniPod

AttackAniPod Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Retina Display. Go to www.ifans.com on both devices, You can see the whole URL on the iPod and ipodtouchfans.co... on the iPhone 4
  5. Leonick

Leonick Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  6. AttackAniPod

AttackAniPod Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Nope. It's just the 640x960 display y'know?
  7. sdschramm

sdschramm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So why would a higher resolution screen with more area limit the number of letters compared to a lower resolution screen with less space?
  8. AttackAniPod

AttackAniPod Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Because to show the text more sharper. If it were tiny and squished up then it wouldn't be very, 'High Res' would it?
  9. b-mac 39

b-mac 39 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Well, it would still be "high res" but it would look different because the words are squashed. It's like taking a sandwich and punching it down. It's still a sandwich, just shaped differently.
  10. Leonick

Leonick Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    well the resolution is 4 times as high,having 4 times the pixels but the same font size should make a difference... strange