iphone-dev 'might' work on the 2g.....

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iblackwind, Dec 16, 2008.

1. iblackwind

iblackwind New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Quote from http://blog.iphone-dev.org/ :
    " iPod touch 2G

Currently we are not investigating the iPod touch 2G. Other people outside the Dev-Team are looking into this, but we are not at the moment. Please don’t hassle us with comments and requests about this, they’ll just be deleted and ignored. If we do look at this device it will be sometime in the New Year and we’ll inform you guys if and when we commence this work.

We would like to reiterate that this is not because -

1. We are mean
    2. We are turning our back on the iPod touch community
    3. We have been paid off by JFK, Princess Diana or Elvis

This is because -

1. We have been busy with the 3G unlock.
    2. We have been busy with the CCC talk.
    3. Only one of us has a iPod touch 2G (but we’ll see what Santa brings)
    4. Our employers don’t get as excited as us about hacking expensive pretty devices
    5. Unfortunately our partners, parents and pets need occasional attention too."

As now they will be releasing the 'yellowsn0w' and almost done with the 3g they said that they might look at the device sometime new year.....

I am just pointing out this information....Hereby, Stating the very fact that King Chronic is on his solo quest to reverse engineering the touch 2g without fail,the other dev members working on it who will make jb for ipod touch 2g possible.....

peace!!!
  2. iPhoneFTW

iPhoneFTW New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Doesn't really sound promising for the 2G owners to be brutely honest.
  3. tat.zizzy

tat.zizzy Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ya! i dont think the iphone dev team will even look into the new processor as they'll have to start all over again from square 1! i have high hopes for king chronic though! i think he can pull it off...it will take time as he is on a solo mission but i think he will be able to pwn it!

i would be super happy if the iphone dev team announces that it has started work on the 2g and then after a week...BHAM....king chronic takes out a jailbreak for the 2g! that will be AMAZING!

hoping for the best!

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Armageda

Armageda New Member

Guys, have faith in King Chronic, the dude made some MAJOR progress, and that's when he's on his own. he knows his game field, let him do his magic...

This is by no way an attempt to put the iPhone Dev Team down, it's just an eye opener for all you guys expecting them to break through with it out of nowhere, when there is someone who is working on the project with great dedication. go Chronic!
  5. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    nice post, you just gotta say that they are humans with normal lives and on top of that, they already have a hacking job to work on, the iPhone 3g
  6. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    what i want to know is this..

4. Our employers don’t get as excited as us about hacking expensive pretty devices

who are there "employers" i thought they did it for fun not money...
  7. tat.zizzy

tat.zizzy Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    by employers they mean the people they work for! they must be having their respective jobs..i mean they cant just crack apple devices for a living..they must be talking about their employers in their respective jobs.
  8. mojoman0

mojoman0 New Member

huh? If you've read his blogs he really hasn't made any progress TOWARDS the jailbreak. He is currently in the learning process of how the device works and accepts code. So far he has discovered that it will be much more complicated that anyone hoped for. Sorry to burst everyones bubble but we are nowhere remotely close to a solution. Thankfully, Chronic has stated he is up for the challenge so that we know he is actively doing his best with what he knows.
  9. King Chronic

King Chronic New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Technically, knowing 'how things work' speeds it up dramatically because i know where not to look so I will not be wasting time. Also, I have found thtat the bootrom signature checks LLB, so I won't waste time on finding an iBoot exploit to execute unsigned code right now, because that won't even allow us to Pwn anymore. I have already explained exactly what we need, and I am looking into it. In all of my free time I have been reversing the bootrom. If you do not like that, make your own jb kthx
  10. C000LIN

C000LIN New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Owned. Just quit questioning him, learning is part of the process & probably the longest part.