Iphone dead spot!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thand, Jun 19, 2009.

1. thand

thand New Member

okay i got a problem i unlocked my iphone to 3.0 and it comes up with the edit home screen "to rearrange icons, touch and hold any icon until it starts to wiggle" blah blah you know the rest well my iphone has a dead spot which means the touch capability is completely gone i can't dismiss it and i cant get rid of it this is a 2g iphone and it has a expired warranty and i want to know how to fix it!!!
    please dont just say buy a new one!!! money isn't the option can someone please help me i mean what can i do i can't access cydia to close it or openssh so im stuck someone please help me please!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Typing in a large font does not increase the chances of getting a helpful reply.

Sorry, but there is no way to fix this without either paying Apple to repair it, or doing it for yourself. Look up 'iPhone replacement screen' or somethong similar on eBay.

Please edit your post, making it the text easier on the eyes.
  3. thand

thand New Member

sorry about the font

i just grr i dont have a problem with it after i dismiss the box but since the 3.0added more text to the box i can't dismiss it

tear i might just have to repair it!!!

4. NETEFX

NETEFX New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Repairing an iPhone 2G is often more costly than purchasing a new iPhone 3G ($99). Dead spots in the digitizer can be fixed by replacing the glass & digitizer. You might find one on ebay for a few bucks. You will want to take special care not to damage the rear cover or antenna cover when disassembling the iPhone 2G. There are many youtube videos out there that show this process and they make it look easier than it is

If you have good steady hands and are reasonably tech savvy this repair is only moderately difficult and you could save a few bucks. On the other hand.... spend a few more and a nice 3G for $99 might be the better option.