iPhone Data Plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SiXAXiS, Jan 1, 2010.

1. SiXAXiS

SiXAXiS Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    So... i heard from AT&T its all unlimited and i can download hundreds of gigabytes of stuff. I heard from users its not really unlimited. What is it then?
  2. raelix

raelix New Member

Yes, it's really unlimited. The only way it's not is if you don't get service where you live or there's a bad 3G/EDGE signal around. Then you're limited.
  3. RoYaLx

RoYaLx Member

Device:
    HTC One
    No, there is a 5GB cap/month.
  4. Pandawg

Pandawg Community Development

It's limited to 5GB a month. You can actually buy more GB lol.
  5. raelix

raelix New Member

When was this? I've just tried searching this "5GB limit" and all I've found from it were rumors. Although the AT&T site did say a 5GB and 4GB limit for business smartphone users that also had tethering. The iPhone for AT&T does not have tethering yet.. as far as I know.
  6. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    No. Not at all true. Nowhere in any official source (or even the AT&T contract) does it say that. There is no 5GB cap.

That said, if you are sucking 5GB a month, which is really hard to do, AT&T will likely investigate your usage to see if there's any foul play.
  7. Pandawg

Yeah. Just noticed that the extra data you can buy is for international purposes.
  8. RoYaLx

RoYaLx Member

Device:
    HTC One
    Straight from the plan terms on the at&t website...

Data Plans: An eligible data plan is required for certain devices including iPhone and other designated Smartphones and PDA's. Eligible data plans cover data usage in the U.S. and do not cover international data usage and charges and contain a 5GB limit. If it is determined that you are using iPhone or other designated Smartphone or PDA without an eligible data plan, AT&T reserves the right to add an eligible data plan to your account and bill you the appropriate monthly fee. Use of iPhone 3G to access corporate email, company intranet sites, and/or other business applications requires an Enterprise Data Plan for iPhone. For applicable rates, terms and conditions, see AT&T Business Plans for iPhone 3G brochure.
  9. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    THIS

its not new, neither a rumor that at&suck set a 5gb download limit to their so called unlimited data plan
  10. Pandawg

Ok. I'm confused now lol. I've only used 371 MB so far, and that's for like 2 months I think, so 5 GB doesn't seem that bad.