iPhone competitor?

Discussion in 'Latest Tech News and Rumors' started by andree, Feb 7, 2008.

1. andree

andree New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Here's a pic:
    http://www.modmyifone.com/images/nuvifone.png

Garmin has announced their first foray into the cellular world - the nuvifone. The device will have a 3.5 inch touch screen. Main icons at the bottom of the screen will include call, search, and view map. North American and/or Europe maps will come preloaded on the device, which also features HSPDA support.

Google's Local Search feature is included in the device, and by tying into the GPS, will provide a VERY nifty tool for searching for anything around you. Release date is Q3 of

Source: poetic folly

So do you think it has any chance of taking the iphone throne, or does Apple still hold the crown?
  2. tootricky

tootricky New Member

Apple will be aware of this product have no doubt. I guarantee the next version of the touch and iphone will include sat nav as an option. The true potential of the iphone/itouch is about to explode.

Just wait and see.
  3. skinnny101

skinnny101 New Member

There are heaps of companies making rip offs of the iPhone (with a few more features), i think even LG has made one. Meizu are also making one.
  4. jmiz9000

jmiz9000 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    that looks soo cool
  5. azz2811

azz2811 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    as skinny said but i think this is one of the best but i also think that apple well keep the crown because most apple stuff is ten times better then everything else (but also ten times more expensive)
  6. DTRocker

DTRocker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    the ipod/iphone is definitly turn of the century technolgy, soon well have fully functional portable computers basically a palm laptop, there is really no competition till microsoft comes out with their version. Remember they have microsoft suface coming out in a few years
  7. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    you guys remember that the iPhone was 5 years ahead of any other phone?? well that was about 1 year ago 4 more to go, but we are seeing more and more phones like the iPhone, this is so sad, even microsoft made a "big iPod" the computer called "microsoft surface"
  8. I_am_Mad_like_This

I_am_Mad_like_This New Member

I don't wanna be an idiot. But I have to!

Can you jailbreak it?
  9. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

The surface was way before the iPod touch.

1 person likes this.
  10. tootricky

tootricky New Member

/\ maybe true, but when has it been used so well in a commercial product? Microsoft just aren't aggressive enough in their development of these things. Apple are smarter quicker and braver with their products and their dev.