iPhone clone? Pinphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kallen, May 9, 2010.

1. Kallen

Kallen Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Has anyone seen this thing? Assuming the pics havn't been doctored with Photoshop, this thing actually looks just like the iPhone. it's called a "Pinphone". My main question is, can this thing run the iPhone OS? Assuming you can just purchase the firmware without an iDevice attached to iTunes? If not, can it run Android?

Why would I want this? I mainly want the iPod Touch (and apps) and have the camera and better battery life (I have a 1st Gen Touch). The phone part of it doesn't matter to me. (Unless I could take the SIM out of a pre-paid phone like TracFone)... I am basically hoping for some info that real, hoping someone here might have some facts. Even used iPhones are expensive, which is what I have been looking for.
  2. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    you put this on the fake iPad too. Fakes will never be able to run apple's os
  3. Kallen

Kallen Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I asked about the OS, but here I am asking about a specific product and it's capabilities.
  4. all_against_one

all_against_one New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    No this product would not be able to run the iPhone OS. I don't believe any other products on the market can run the iPhone OS except the iPhone OS family devices.