iPHONE CAN BE RECOVERED AFTER BEING BRICKED WITH PWNAGE

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by DRAGOLIZER, May 6, 2008.

1. DRAGOLIZER

DRAGOLIZER New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I recently had a bricked iPhone due to the iPwner process being interrupted using the Pwnage Tool. I thought that I was doomed. I searched the Internet and I came up with a solution from one of the threads. You can recover the iPhone by entering DFU mode. DFU mode does not boot up the iPhone OS. Due to the boot-loader being corrupted, I could not enter recovery mode and the iPhone could not be detected through iTunes. (This is what happens when your iPhone is bricked and does not turn on or get detected through iTunes). Your phone "acts" as if it is permanently bricked. I tried connecting it to a Windows-based PC and the USB port for iPhone was still alive with it not being recognised. This indicated a sign that the iPhone was still working. Now I have managed to fix the problem to this.
    These steps have made my day and I hope these steps will help you if you have a bricked iPhone through using Pwnage Tool:

STEP 1) Make sure your "dead" iPhone is fully charged. (Give it an hour or two as there will be no notification of the battery charging).

STEP 2) Connect the iPhone to a laptop or PC.

STEP 3) Hold the sleep/wake buttons together for exactly 10 seconds.

STEP 4) Release the sleep/wake button and still keep the home button pressed until iTunes detects it in Recovery Mode.

STEP 5) Press restore in iTunes.

Your iPhone will then be recovered and work again!
    You may need to attempt to get the buttons pressed at the right times severally as you may not be able to do it the first time round.

PLEASE NOTE: If you know how to get into DFU mode, the steps are of just this.

REMEMBER: Recovery mode (Holding only the home button and then connecting the USB cable) is different to going into DFU mode (Holding the sleep/wake button and home button)

I hope that this will resolve your problems after an interrupted iPwner process causing damage to the iPhone boot-loader!
    1 person likes this.
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Second post and you came up with this...

Long time lurker, first time poster?

Proof that this works? June is soon so I may get me that new sexy iPhone.
  3. DRAGOLIZER

DRAGOLIZER New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It does work!

I have tried this today as I bricked my iPhone yesterday. I can guarantee that my iPhone now works again!
  4. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    No one knows who you are, you are not a reputable person. How can we trust you that it works?

How do we know it won't further damage the device?

Proof! Evidence! Come on man!
  5. willryan42

willryan42 New Member

There's no need for evidence, it's kind of common sense to try dfu mode and recovery mode.
  6. ThatGEEKFreak

ThatGEEKFreak Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    If it bricks aren't you trying anything to get it back?
  7. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    If those work, then your device was never bricked to begin with, now was it?

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. F1N4L

F1N4L New Member

Someone with a bricked iPhone have to try it to find out wheter it works
  9. Nickll9009

Nickll9009 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch

LOL you didn't have to knuckle him that hard. Kid, just make a video or something.
  10. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Guys. I think Teslanaut is kidding. lol.

And your device isn't bricked if you can go into DFU mode. A bricked device is completely unoperable.