iphone becoming unresponsive to touching

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by user0, May 29, 2008.

1. user0

user0 New Member

If I leave my iPhone without an fingers on the screen, the screen will become unresponsive after a few seconds. It is not frozen, and locking and unlocking unfreeze it, as well as tilting in safari,terminal, or any other app that supports tilting. I have tried restoring, but it still does it, even before I jailbroke it. I think the screen may be sleeping or something to save power. Is there some way to disable this kind of powersaving, or is there no fix for this. I don't want to get it replaced or repaired, so any suggestion would be helpful.
  2. agarwal1

agarwal1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Try cleaning the screen with the cloth. Maybe the touch responses are not being read properly. It does not seem to be a hardware problem.
  3. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    I had that same problem with a girlfriend one time and I just had to get rid of her.

4. sucram6791

sucram6791 New Member

hahahaha

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. user0

user0 New Member

I tried cleaning it, but I still think it's some sort of powersaving, and it is not turning the screen back on right. Kind of like how my internal bluetooth adapter is not recognized after suspending and resuming my laptop. Im looking for some software hack that allows for adjustment of this sleep time.

Also, does doing the needle speaker thing void the warranty?
  6. agarwal1

agarwal1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    That's interesting. Never heard of this problem before. If it isn't smudges then maybe it has to do with the brightness somehow. Try messing with that for powersaving and see what works. For the speaker thing, I'm not sure but I did it and it made somewhat of a difference but not a huge one. For others, it did make a big difference in volume levels so you might be one of those lucky ones.

Please Register or Log in to view images