iPhone battery not accurate?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jalexis4192, Oct 8, 2009.

1. jalexis4192

jalexis4192 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well, i recently got my iphone replaced, and got a fresh new one (refurb imo). And, first day, it was fine, but after 2 days or so, i noticed the battery isnt really accurate. I could charge it, let it charge overnight, and it would go from maybe 100% to 89% or so within 5 minutes. Dont think its a battery issue, since it sometimes freezes on certain percentages, and it still lasts me all day.

Any ideas as to what should be done, and as to weather or not im going back to the apple store for a third time in one week ?.?

P.S. Updated to 3.1.2, not jail broken, and using the battery meter as jailbreak leftover.

Thanks in advance for help.
  2. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

I'd let it drain all the way and then charge it back up overnight (like 8 hours or so). If that doesn't change anything I'd take it back.
  3. jalexis4192

jalexis4192 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yay!!! back to the Apple store for third time in a week ^_^ and yeah, was planning to do that, but i synced to back up, and saw update, and got done now lol, but, doing that now, but taking long time even with bluetooth, brightness all the way up, location on, etc. -.-

Edit: took like 6 hours to kill it after being on like 76% with everything on max, and even games taking up the bat, but it finally died ^_^ il get back to you tomorrow with results =p
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Well I let my phone charge all night, and it seems to be fine now. Also, anyone else noice the tethering counter is gone? Is the possible carrier update?