iPhone battery bar going crazy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by twigster9, Apr 18, 2009.

1. twigster9

twigster9 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    My iPhone powers down because it claims to have run out of juice. After I plug it into a charger and then take out the charger my battery bar goes to 30%. 0% to 30% in a few seconds. After I take out the plug it can still stayed powered on for a few minutes but then dies down. Is my iPhone messed up? What's going on and anyone else experiancing this? BTW no background apps other then iPod and things like that.
  2. Cheat_Code

Cheat_Code Member

Device:
    iPhone
    dont all phones do that.....you plug it up for a short time and it goes up to 30-75% and dies shortly afterwards..?
  3. willdacracka

willdacracka Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Maybe a wire connecting the battery to the phone has a short in it. I advise getting a replacement
  4. MasterHacker

MasterHacker New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Odd..somethings wrong with your battery. Unfortunately this is a hardware issue and you will need to send your device to Apple and get it replaced. If your jailbroken just go into DFU mode, Restore, then send it in. Hopefully you still have your warranty.
  5. twigster9

twigster9 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'll DFU and restore. My battery is also draining like crazy. I'm in the 30 day trial period so I might just keep it until the 29th day and return it and wait for the new iPhone.