iPhone Applications Question HELP!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jassi, Feb 15, 2008.

1. jassi

jassi New Member

Hi everyone I've just purchased an unlocked iPhone to use with my T-Mobile sim which works great however I have two questions.

1) The Installer does this update itself via wifi and allows the installation of new apps? Or am I wrong.

2) It came with LocateMe which doesnt seem to work and to be honest I dont use Google map much. Is there a way to remove it?

3) It also has Boss Pref what is this, would I need it? Or does it do the same as services?

Thanks in Advance I'm new to all this stuff so would like to understand this stuff better.

Regards
    Jassi
  2. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

1. You are correct. You have to confirm the update, but it will show it.
    2. There is no easy way to remove it. You would have to completely rewrite the app. Skyhook and Google are still doing all of this, so just wait until they get your area. It might not be done yet.
    3. http://code.google.com/p/bossprefs/
    Check what it does at is official description. It's more than services.
  3. jassi

jassi New Member

Thanks for the info. The locate me application I'm referring to is the one by soneso, is there no way of removing it without jailbreaking the phone again? Also what happens if I click reinstall on installer?

Regards
    Jassi
  4. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

If you installed this app over Installer, you can simply remove it via the uninstall tab of installer.
    If you installed it via SSH, you can just delete the Locate Me app's folder. This can be done through your SSH client or something like MobileFinder.