iPhone applications on iPod touch 1.1.2

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by idonahoe, Nov 27, 2007.

1. idonahoe

idonahoe New Member

Sorry if this has been discussed but I have searched endlessly without any answers. All of the iPhone programs (installed properly) open breifly and crash. I have restarted the jailbreak three times with the same results each time. Maps always opens with only part of its interface loaded (the three buttons on the bottom don't have text) and a similar problem with the icons missing from the bottom four buttons in the NES and gpsphone applications. All third party applications work fine but none of the iPhone's. Should I cut my losses and revert back to 1.1.1? Any advice and insight is appreciated.
  2. iceman5008

iceman5008 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    uninstall whatever iphone apps you have now and add http://repo.us.to to your sources in installer. go into iphone 1.1.2 apps if thats what you have, install both of the preps first. Then, install whatever you want
  3. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

you forgot to set the Permissions on the iPhone applications to 755.
  4. FlashiPod4Free

FlashiPod4Free New Member

Skylar is right! You didn't install your iPhone Apps correctly, that's why they're not working. If you do a search around the forums you can find a list of repo sources you can add which will automatically do the installation of the iPhone Apps for you (which doesn't require you to manually CHMOD the files or add them from WinSCP, it's fully automated).

Edit: Okay here you go, check the following guide which shows how you can automatically add iPhone apps from a repository:
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11330