iPhone All Devices 3.1.3 Unlock [o2-uk]

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ryan, May 4, 2010.

1. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Have an iPhone 3GS/3G/2G?

Is it on the o2 [UK] network?

--If not, leave now--

If you are then good news! Permanent 3GS unlock time

Please Register or Log in to view images

Now this isn't new, so don't flame me for it, but what it will give is a nice detailed guide on how to do it. This way you wont have to wait for the dev team unlock every time you get a new firmware.

Ok so here we go

1. Firstly you want to fill out this form here.

This is pretty basic, it gives you step by step instructions as you go through it. Make sure your IMEI and phone number are correct as these are ESSENTIAL to the unlocking process.

2. Submit and wait, they say 2 weeks, mine took 2 days. So it just depends on how quickly it is processed and how busy they are.

3. Some day you will get this text from o2. Letting you know that your phone is now ready to be unlocked

[REMOVED as it shows IMEI]

4. Grab any SIM card from another carrier and take out the o2 one using the SIM tray opener tool from your 3GS box, or a very small screwdriver or even a pin, to open the tray from the top of the iphone. Put in the non-o2 sim and push it back in.

5. Plug the iPhone into your computer, must have an active internet connection, and iTunes should open. (Open it if it dosnt) Now just wait, the iTunes iPhone screen should just be blank for a bit while it contacts Apples server. The iPhone should do the usual "connect to itunes" screen.

6. After waiting, you will get the confirmation message! Your iPhone 3GS is now UNLOCKED FOR EVER. No matter what firmware you install, downgrade, do what you want, no more worrying about baseband updates.

Video of the final part of the unlocking, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmaUh8S6HQQ

Enjoy this guys

hope it helps some people.​
  2. TheGPrince

TheGPrince New Member

Will it reset with a restore?
  3. Gal

Gal New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    What happens if you are already cut off due to non payment and can't receive calls or texts?
  4. Sevenstring

Sevenstring New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hey bro..

Hey dude!im christian cavero,26 years of age from cavite,philippines..im a owner of a iph0ne4(black),but i have a problem with my unit,its locked,my cousin send it to me from south korea,is there any way i can "unlock" and use it here in philippines?hope u can help me with my problem..thanx and god bless..