iPhone Activation Help Needed!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by simoneous, Oct 22, 2008.

1. simoneous

simoneous New Member

Okay

I borrowed my friend's iPhone 1G to unlock & jailbreak it for him. We live in Australia and the iPhone was purchased in America a while ago so I don't believe it is running 2.x.x firware yet...

I seem to get the feeling that unlocking it with the At & t sim card will cost him money due to the need to signup to a plan...

So can someone please tell me what steps I need to take to Activate Unlock and Jailbreak this device WITHOUT it costing any money....

P.S. I have searched and found nothing...

Thanks in advance
  2. whitka

whitka New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    OK dude, its fairly easy. If the Iphone is running 1.1.1 to 1.1.4 (1.1.4) is the most likely, just use ziphone. This will jailbreak, activatr and unlock the phone. (http://www.ziphone.org/) mac and pc compatible versions.

Just hook the phone up and open Ziphone. Click any of the options that you want done to the phone.

If its above 1.1.4, download winpwn or quickpwn for mac and build a custom firmware. You do this by getting a stock iphone firmware file and restoring to it. You can then select Activate / Jailbreak anything you want. To jailbreak select to install Cydia / Installer, probably both.

Any problems pm me

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. carpz

carpz New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    DONT USE ZIPHONE!
    upgrade to 2.1 and use winpwn/quickpwn/pwnage tool

Please Register or Log in to view images

there are many guides on how to do this around the forum.