iPhone 8GB TOP ICONS NOT WORKING!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iTouch532, Mar 15, 2009.

1. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have an iPhone Jailbroken FW 2.2 and the top icons like half of the screen on the top does not work. what could be the problem?

And yes I tried restore and all that other stuff and everything (trust me I know)

So could it be a Sensor problem? it's been dropped a few times. It's my friends I'm just trying to figure out what's wrong.

Anyone have a clue???
  2. Achy9

Achy9 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Here's your chance to get a new iPhone if you're still under the warranty (you should be).
    Restore if you haven't jailbroken it again, and take it to apple. Tell them what the problem is and if it is true, you should be able to get a brand new phone. They will even transfer all your contacts and text messages for you! (I think).
  3. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks for the reply. Well it's not under warranty. How much would it cost to replace the Touch Screen I'm sure that's what's wrong with it.
  4. Achy9

Achy9 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    That I can't help you with.
  5. brownbox

brownbox New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    ebay should sort you out for that. Be expecting to pay with a few limbs buying from apple.
  6. Achy9

Achy9 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I'd say around $120-150, but that's just a wild guess.
  7. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Depends if it is a first gen (2G) or a 3G phone.

It is the digitizer that went out but don't try to replace it by itself. Despite what some ebayers say you really cannot replace just the digitizer. Buy the entire screen (LCD, Digitizer, and top glass) as one unit.

Also, it is a pain in the ass to get the 2G apart. It can be done but you will most likely have some marks from opening it up. The 3G is easier to replace the screen on and easier to open but you still have to take your time.

eBay is the cheapest place I've found for the entire screen setup but it usually ships from Honk Kong so it may take a little while to have it shipped to you.

Another option is to take it to the Apple store and exchange the phone. With your broken phone they will exchange it for $200. It is a little high but the screens are $105 plus the wait time and you doing the work.

Hope that helps.