iPhone 4 iPhone 4 Stuck/Dead Pixel policy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xinzhitan14, Aug 22, 2010.

1. xinzhitan14

xinzhitan14 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hey

I got my iphone 4 about 2 weeks ago from today, i only today just realised there were two stuck pixels that show up red/green on black background. I went to my local apple store who referred me to call apple care (those people can never answer any of my q's), and before i call them and waste about 30mins on hold, is there any pixel policy for the iPhone 4? If anyone can provide me with some information about this that would be great.

Cheers
    XT14
  2. Honda

Honda Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Are you still in your 30 days warranty? If so, try getting it replace.
  3. Achy9

Achy9 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You are still under warranty, therefore, you will get a new iPhone without any questions asked. It shouldn't take more effort than making an appointment to the genius bar.
  4. xinzhitan14

xinzhitan14 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ah okay, thanks for the replies guys. Whats a genius bar?

it's still well within warranty, i'll give apple care a ring when i get home from work later tonight to see if i can get a replacement organised.
  5. Honda

Honda Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Go to Apple Support on their website.
  6. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    A genius bar is where some guys stand behind this shelf thingy and ask you questions and take details then take your iphone round back and throw it in the bin and get you a new one.

They policy stated that if it is a factory problem and you are still in the warranty sphere you can get a new on with "genius bar" questions asked, show them some proof and your reciept, if necessary.
  7. Achy9

Achy9 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You won't need your receipt. The only thing you will need is the sim card the phone came with, and it needs to be active (or a different sim registered with the phone).
  8. xinzhitan14

xinzhitan14 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Bloody hell, went to my carrier's service centre. the lady thought it was a speck of dust under the screen *rollseyes*. Anyway, the guy said he'd do warranty. He then asked " we need your box and accessories". I then let loose and said "I was NOT advised this over the phone, the rep specifically told me the phone and receipt would be FINE".

Letting him know my frustration in getting this thing fixed, he advised I needed to get my box and stuff together. Also advised me he CANT replace the phone on the spot because they dont hold stock (so they say). Advising me there will be a 1 week turn around.

So I went home to get my phone stuff, went back, and got it sent off. Now I'm without a phone and full of rage that I have to wait a whole freaking week for a DOA replacement. I've been stuffed around with my carrier, now i'm writing a formal complain to the carrier company with their retail store treating me bad and palming me off constantly.

Not having a good experience so far. more so with my carrier than the phone itself.
  9. lolmao

lolmao Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    the genius bar will replace (my 100th post ttoo

Please Register or Log in to view images

congrats me)
  10. Honda

Honda Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    How do you count your post? o.o

Anyways, try FORCING him since you're still under your 30 days warranty.