iPhone 4 iPhone 4 Safe to Buy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by joshh_chaos, Aug 7, 2010.

1. joshh_chaos

joshh_chaos New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    hey guys, so I was just wondering, with all the reception/antenna issues with the iPhone 4 do you think it's a large enough problem to hold off on getting one? I live in Canada and I am on the Rogers network, i couldn't seem to find any confirmations of issues in Canada, but then again isn't the issue the hardware? Anyways, I really want to upgrade from my iPhone 3g since it's becoming less and less compatible, so should I hold off until apple makes a hardware fix, or am I just being too paranoid? Thanks in advance guys.
  2. TakenAppleDownAPeg

TakenAppleDownAPeg Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you could get it and just use a case, the issue is really bad in the states because AT&T has weak signal everywhere, so the issue is more profound, I don't know how rogers is so idk. Otherwise the 3GS should be cheaper now, you could get that since there is no real issue with it.
  3. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Completely false. In the middle of the country, AT&T has fantastic signal strength. I'm constantly in Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, and occasionally Arkansas and I nearly always have three or more bars and a very speedy connection. Just because it might suck in your area doesn't mean it's bad everywhere.

@OP: It's really not a big enough problem to avoid getting one. If you're in an area with an extremely weak AT&T signal, you may want to think twice and go with a different carrier, but if your AT&T coverage wherever you are is decent, definitely get the 4. Also, if you're a Best Buy RewardZone member, you can get a free Zagg side protection pack, which alleviates the antenna non-issue without adding the bulk of a case. Or, just get a case. Or, just hold the phone in a comfortable position rather than gripping it with your entire hand.
  4. joshh_chaos

joshh_chaos New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    okay thanks for the help. I think I will buy one and get that bumper case just to be sure.
  5. gamer4eva

gamer4eva Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The biggest problem holding me back from buying an iPhone 4 is the proximity sensor issue. But I read that the ios4 beta fixed it so I might be buying the iPhone soon.