iPhone 4 iphone 4 problem - please help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rowan853, Sep 15, 2010.

1. rowan853

rowan853 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have an iphone 4 on 4.0 firmware...

Lately i've been having problem when i start the iphone, i push the power button and it just stay's on the black screen with the apple logo... The loading circle appears but then it seems to freeze?

I've tried to connect it to itunes to restore it but itunes wont recognize it?

What can i do to fix this? Thanks
  2. tech3475

tech3475 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Are you jailbroken? If so then tryleaving it for 20-30 minutes as I had a similar issue once.

Otherwise just use dfu mode and restore to 4.0 or 4.0.1, you need shsh blobs which cydia automatically does if you selected make my life easier or you use tiny umbrella otherwise you have to use 4.1.
  3. rowan853

rowan853 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have tried popping the iphone into DFU mode (holding down power etc) but it still just freezes on start up!

Yes i am jailbroken... So what do i need to do to access the shsh from Cydia etc to get this thing working again? Or Tiny Umbrella etc???
  4. tech3475

tech3475 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Dfu mode is a recovery mode for restoring the firmware, do you have shsh blobs for 4.0/4.0.1? If you then I am afraid you have to check guides because I have never done it before.
  5. Lolwut

Lolwut Banned

this is wat happens wen u jailbreaks da fone my nigha. Yo skrewd