iPhone 4 Iphone 4 one time activation?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by slowklopdop, Sep 27, 2010.

1. slowklopdop

slowklopdop New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hello,
    i was wondering for the iphone 4, is it a one time thing activation?
    Like, the original sim will be used to activate the phone, then a new sim to be used in it, would it still ask for the activation?

Sorry if i didnt make this very clear.
  2. stevey666

stevey666 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well, I'm not sure about American since I live in Australia but I guess it should apply to most countries. If your phone is locked to a carrier then you can use any sim card from that carrier once your phone has been activated. If it's an unlocked phone, any sim can be used with the phone.
    I believe activation is only to turn on the phone and register it, like start the warranty or something.
  3. slowklopdop

slowklopdop New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    oh im from Australia too!
    so any sim from that carrier would work? perhaps like swapping the plan sim to a prepaid sim would that work?

Thanks for your quick reply.
  4. pogoyoyo

pogoyoyo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    the iphone is not tied to a sim card... you can switch sim cards without problems as long as its with the same carrier if the phone is locked. if it's unlocked, you can use it with any carrier... activation isn't really necessary if you have an unlocked phone i think.. if you have a locked phone and use a sim from the same carrier you won't need to activate either, i tried this with my iphone 3g back in the day