iPhone 4 iPhone 4 Jailbreaking

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JAgius, Aug 30, 2010.

1. JAgius

JAgius New Member

Hey everyone,

I'm sure this is a noob question, but I've been searching around forever and can't find a straight answer so I decided to create a thread.
    I've purchased the new iphone 4 and I want to jailbreak it and get cydia.
    I've used jailbreakme.com but it has left me cydia errors and problems, I've tried rejailbreaking it but it is still happening.

So what are my options for jailbreaking? if there are any working ones for iphone 4 currently.

Thanks!

Joe
  2. kixphlat

kixphlat Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Version 4.0.2 can't be jailbroken yet.
  3. JAgius

JAgius New Member

I'm on 4.0.1

Another problem, when trying to restore with the 4.0.1 firmware on itunes its saying the iphone is not eligible for this build :S
  4. Mobious

Mobious Member

Device:
    iPad
    Well since Cydia didn't run correctly the first time you Jailbroke the phone, I doubt it saved your SHSH's, in which case it would be impossible to restore to 4.0.1 with iTunes.

On the other hand if I misunderstood your post and Cydia did run properly the first time, then google "Sauriks SHSH Restore" and you should find an easy to follow guide on how to restore you phone to 4.0.1
  5. XxRedRumxX

XxRedRumxX Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    There's really no point to editing the host file when you can just use TinyUmbrella and the TSS server. It does all that for you (no need for the host file)