iPhone 4 games on iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by freemini, Jul 15, 2010.

1. freemini

freemini Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    How do I play Archetype on my iPad with 960X640. If I just launch it, it plays in 480x320. Is there any way to launch it in iPhone 4 resolution?
  2. Casiuss

Casiuss Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I think when you open the app it allready does play it in iPhone4 resolution... the retina display has 4 times the pixels, not 4 times the resolution.

dont know for sure though...
  3. freemini

freemini Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    iPhone 4's resolution is 960X640. The iPad's is 1024X768. Steve said iPhone 4 has 86% of the iPad's pixels. So apps for iPhone 4 should looks almost native on iPad.
  4. Xii

Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You can always try fullforce.
  5. bahamutspirit

bahamutspirit New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Hmm... this is classified dev information so I don't think it'll leak that soon. But just to say, this is quite impossible with the iPad having only 3.2. Wait until you get iOS 4 jailbroken on the iPad. Chances are, Apple will just allow it by default and they will ditch the x2 mode altogether.
  6. ShizerMonkey

ShizerMonkey Banned

Device:
    iPad
    Why IOS4 Jailbroken ?... I don't understand, Do you mean apple will ditch the x2 mode in the IOS4 iPad update ?..
  7. bahamutspirit

bahamutspirit New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Sorry, didn't word it correctly. iOS 4 jailbroken if they won't do it. But I have a feelig they will scale all apps 2x by default, which will match retina rssolution...
  8. ShizerMonkey

ShizerMonkey Banned

Device:
    iPad
    Understood though why would they do this when their proabley going to release a new iPad with a retina screen in a few months time after the IOS4 release !..
  9. bahamutspirit

bahamutspirit New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Because there won't be an iPad with retina screen.

The current iPad's screen already has more pixels than the retina screen, and it's already pushing the GPU to the absolute limit. Apple will need to design a new A4 chip (A5?) if they are going to push that kind of display, so I think it won't be here in the next iPad. The next iPad would likely just have a redesigned casing and more RAM, and maybe up the CPU speed by a bit. Otherwise, I'm not seeing how they can fit a screen with even more pixels in (we are talking up to 3 or 4 times the number of pixels in the retina screen) into the iPad without the hardware to drive it.
  10. ShizerMonkey

ShizerMonkey Banned

Device:
    iPad
    Oh I didn't know that !.. I thought the retina display was far supperior to the ipads !..