iPhone 4 iPhone 4 Audio Quality

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by crovian, Jun 29, 2010.

1. crovian

crovian Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi, I have iPod Touch 1st Gen and looking to upgrade to iPhone 4 when it comes out here in Canada.

I was wondering if anyone knew for sure if iPhone 4 has the same audio quality as the 1st gen ipod touch, or do they have different audio processing chip(?) that produce higher quality audio?

Thanks
  2. Timmarus

Timmarus Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Well, iPhone 4 has speakers, and an iPod touch 1st gen doesn't. Sooo, I think the iPhone 4's sound quality is much better.
  3. iMiraj

iMiraj New Member

in terms of what you hear over the earphones?

Maybe it'll be more smooth or something due to better hardware / less overall lag but apart from that I see no reason why audio quality should change.

I didn't notice it between my 1st gen and 3rd gen iPoT so I don't know why it should happen here.
  4. sdschramm

sdschramm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I have an 8GB 1st gen touch and the new 32GB iPhone 4. The only difference I hear is if you are using the EQ settings as they have improved in iOS4.
  5. Rukk

Rukk Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you use the same music with the same bitrate I think it will be the same quality. Won't be less for sure.
  6. gavinfabl

gavinfabl Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    My iphone 4 is miles better than my ipad or ipod touch 2g. I have some expensive headphones and without any EQ the difference is IMO huge. I listen to every type of music.
  7. z999

z999 New Member

generations 2-4 use the same chip, I believe the first had a different one but I'm not sure. you should check wikipedia-they have a listing for that.