iPhone 4 iPhone 4 alternates?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by djmaxlover, Oct 13, 2010.

1. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    If the iPhone has the best sound quality (I'm assuming you mean through headphones) then it's a sad world we live in. Apple is not known for mindblowing sound quality. Its one of the places Zune/Sony Walkman/ etc. beat the iPod.

As for speaker, I'm sure that's a downright lie. The iPhone doesn't have the bets speakers out there.
  2. CocaCola

CocaCola New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    (I may have replied to this already, haha, but here's another shot.)

Nothing touches the iPhones massive application store as well as cydia apps. Or the iPhone's screen. Or it's 90 billion accessories.

However, other phones take the lead in features, superior hardware, and the lack of AT&T.
    My personal favorite alternative is the Evo 4G. I seriously expected it to suck. First of it's kind, a 4G phone. But it was pulled of beautifully.
    Check out this link.

... what he said. Mono speakers are for gaming or a phone on speaker in a quiet place. There's phones out there with two speakers. Yes. I mean Stereo. That advanced.

iPhone is around the middle for sound quality as far as phones go. Sony Ericsson's Walkman Phone series takes the cake.

Unless I'm mistaken, Apple's been using the same soundchip since like, 2nd gen iPT. Creative Lab's $50 zen was reviewed better sound-wise than the iPT and nano series last I checked.
  3. Aisorik

Aisorik New Member

I've never heard the iphone 4, but I do agree that the Zune HD had better music quality than the 3G. (Yes for headphone use) If only MS would make a Windows Phone 7 model with at least comparable audio, but alas, they're letting HTC and such handle it... meaning tough noogies.
  4. procharged

procharged Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    well then is guess its a good thing that in android you can turn that off if you want to. see the 6th option down, you can turn it off, although i think its extremely useful.
    [​IMG]
    and sound? does the iphone 4 have 5.1 stereo surround sound? i dont think so
    see the little icon upper left corner (5.1)[​IMG]

again, the screen has more pixel density, thats the only thing it wins in. i can only speak for the galaxy s and the iphone 4 becuase ive owned both. i couldnt see the pixels on my 3g at 165 PPI. the galaxy s is 240. the iphone 4 is 326. you cant see the pixels on either phone. but the galaxy s smacks it in every other area.
    galaxy s contrast ratio is 100000 to 1.
    iphone 4 is 800 to 1.
    iphone 4 response time is 25ms (pretty slow today)
    galaxy s response time is .01ms (best on the plant mobile wise) i have them both to look at in front of my face. the galaxy s is almost as bright on its lowest setting as the iphone 4 is on its highest. colors and black levels on the iphone dont even compare to the galaxy s.
    and like i said before the android market is like the app store and cydia in one. and your not stuck with just android market. theres more to choose from even though the market has probably 99% of the major apps of ios, plus the cydia like apps right in the store.
  5. Aisorik

Aisorik New Member

^ Ah, but I like text re-flow, as long as it's done properly. But as I said, it seems to be a minor issue for most, I see it rarely mentioned as a negative in reviews. As for the screen, I personally prefer the AMOLED due to the black levels, but the colors tend to be a bit over-saturated. Not really a big deal unless you watch a lot of video.
  6. Half-Life

Half-Life Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    The airphone 4
  7. NoogleNoggler

NoogleNoggler Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    1. HTC Desire HD/HTC Evo 4G
    2. iPhone 4
    3. Samsung Galaxy S
    4. Blackberry Torch
    5. Droid X
  8. CocaCola

CocaCola New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Galaxy does blacks better, yes. But Side by side, displaying the same image on google images with roughly the same brightness, I think the iPhone looks better. I've seen it :p
  9. ThatGEEKFreak

ThatGEEKFreak Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Are you blind, if you can't see the pixel difference on each phone you need to get your eyes checked. All the old iDevices look like complete crap in comarison to the iPhone 4. The Galaxy S wowed me with it's color and blacks but the iPhones screen is still much better looking in terms of precision. I have seen them both in person, if they could slap those screens together it might be what I would call perfect:) But for now we have to keep arguing :p
  10. NoogleNoggler

NoogleNoggler Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Omg, the HTC HD 7.