iPhone 4 Iphone 4 4.0.1 Firmware

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sumsaykra-z, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Sumsaykra-z

Sumsaykra-z Member

Hey everyone. I decided to restore my iphone 4 today over issues with My3G no longer working. That's irrelevant though. I'm running snow leopard on a hackintosh which is up and running like a normal Mac. I went to restore from my stock firmware and it is NO WHERE on my computer. I have googled where it should be and it is in no location that was mentioned. So I dug around every where's else and still nothing. I'm not sure at what point with your phone being plugged in does itunes back up your firmware, either. Any clue what's going on?
  2. cjainy

cjainy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I had the same problem with finding my firmware but was on a different computer with a different phone. Just google a download for it. I can't provide links because i don't think its allowed here.
  3. Sumsaykra-z

Sumsaykra-z Member

Thanks for the response. I was thinking about downloading it but I thought I remember reading somewhere that downloaded firmware like that disables push notifications, or something to that affect. I could be way off base but either way, is their something different about it?
  4. m0in

m0in Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I dont think so.
  5. jalexis4192

jalexis4192 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If its working like a normal Mac, shouldn't it show up in a finder search window? I searched for my 3G's firmware, but it should still work the same for the iPhone 4.

Maybe it didn't download?

Attached Files:

6. Sumsaykra-z

Sumsaykra-z Member

This is the first time I plug and idevice into it so I didn't know it was suppose to show up in finder. I'll check that out when I get home. I'll also search with "iPhone 1" I was searching with ".ipsw"
  7. jalexis4192

jalexis4192 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well, not the phone itself, i meant the firmware file SHOULD come up in the search if its on the computer. And, iphone1.2 is for the iPhone 3G lol, iPhone 4 would be 3.1 (i Googled it XD).