iOS 4.0 iPhone 4.0.2 upgrade

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ramrodtm, Oct 19, 2010.

1. ramrodtm

ramrodtm New Member

Hey guys I was wondering if I can get some help with my iPhone. I have iPhone 3g that is jailbroken and unlocked but it is absolutely terrible running 4.0 on the 3g. I was wondering if there was anyway that I can update the firmware without having to restore. If not, can I update using iTunes and still jailbreak it without a SIM card? Thanks for the help and I really appreciate it.
  2. Psoul

Psoul Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Um, I don't have a iphone 3G but, if ios 4.0 is running terrible on your iphone 3g(which i guess is slow). Then maybe you shouldn't upgrade because then you'll make it more worse. You could first, jailbreak it with jailbreakme.com, and then save your shsh blobs. then restore your device to 3.x . And you HAVE to restore to update firmware.
    If you want to jailbreak 4.0.2 , use Limera1n.com or GreenPis0n(i'm not sure about this one)
  3. asymmetric

asymmetric Banned

Isn't the latest firmware 4.1? Correct me if im wrong
  4. ramrodtm

ramrodtm New Member

Yeah the latest firmware is 4.1. My iPhone is running on 4.0.2. I heard that 4.1 is supposed to run smoothly on the 3g but I am not sure if it can be unlocked. I know it can be jailbroken with redsn0w but I'm not sure if it can be unlocked.