iPhone 3GS Iphone 3GS & winterboard

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 2noob4u, Dec 23, 2009.

1. 2noob4u

2noob4u New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I just helped a friend jailbreak his iphone 3gs 16gig with blackra1n, once i installed winterboard and mobilesubstrate it asks me to reboot, when i reboot it asks me to connect to itunes with the usb cable and itunes logo ontop of it; when i do that nothing happens and it says the iphone is in recovery mode; any ideas on a fix?
  2. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    yea. run blackra1n. its a tethered jb. he needs to run blackkra1n everytime he reboots
  3. 2noob4u

2noob4u New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    the iphone reboots fine tho without tether? which jb would allow a non tethered jb?
  4. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    non... yet
  5. 2noob4u

2noob4u New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    so i must use blackra1n to reboot the device after installing winterboard? correct cuz i had did the tethered jb for ipod touch 2g 2.1.1 awhile bak so same concept?
  6. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    yea same concept
  7. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Exact same concept.

Only difference is, when your iPod dies if you download something in a public location needing to re-boot, you usually can't, because you won't have your computer with you. Oh well, no music, right? Your iPhone, your on a road trip with your friends and want a theme, your just parked at a gas station bored, so you download one... Then for some reason your Cydia crashes, freezes and requires a re-boot, you try too, it won't boot.. You go down the road and get a flat. Oh sh*t, I tethered! Goodnight....

Please Register or Log in to view images

Haha.. Save all your downloading for home, I've been in that position before

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. 2noob4u

2noob4u New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    LMAO i know exactly wut u mean, if you just happen to have it die or it freeze whie your out youd one, i've had my ipod freeze on me once and i had no way to boot it till i got home
  9. JackEdw

JackEdw New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Well that's the risk..
  10. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    It's a whole different game with the iPhone, iPod just cuts back your entertainment and starts bringing you boredom. Some people need their phone, they could me going out to drop off little billy at his uncle's new house, they get lost, they go to call and oh no, little billy wanted WinterBoard on mommy's new iPhone 3GS.. Tsk, tsk. Time to turn around, drive 45Mi's and re-boot with blackra1n...