iPhone 3GS iPhone 3GS/Wifi Problems?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mobious, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Mobious

Mobious Member

Device:
    iPad
    Hello everyone. This is mainly directed to 3GS owners or 3.0 users.

I got my 3GS yesterday from the states, took about 30 minutes to get the BSS whatever files and jailbreak the beast and now its working like a charm, or so I thought. I also own an Ipod touch 2g which is on 2.2.1

So anyways I noticed that it wasn't picking up a wifi signal from my router which I thought was weird, so I automatically assumed it was the router. But then I try with my Ipod 2G and I get a signal. So I thought hey maybe the 3gs has weaker wifi so I go upstairs and stand next to the router and it picks up nothing. I was about to panic and contact my friend to see if I can ship it back to him so he can get a replacement for me and well guess what? the wifi works. So now I notice its an on off thing where sometimes it picks up a weak signal, a good signal, or no signal at all while my ipod 2g remains the same, working well.

So now I am wondering if anyone else is having similar problems? I googled and some articles say that people on 3.0 have been having the issue, while others say its mainly 3gs and I am not sure what to believe. Anyone's input on this would be great guys.
  2. twigster9

twigster9 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It's a known and very common issue. I would wait for the OS 3.1 update and see if that fixes it, if not have it sent back.
  3. Mobious

Mobious Member

Device:
    iPad
    Thanks Twig you have no idea how relieved I am to hear you say that. It would be a huge pain to send it back to the states for a replacement so I am hoping it won't come to that.
  4. viper3885

viper3885 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Yea a decent amount of users who have upgraded to 3.0 have had this problem on there iPod touches and iPhones as well as the 3gs. Hopefully the 3.1 update will fix this issue.