iPhone 3GS iPhone 3GS, ships with GM?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by twigster9, Jun 18, 2009.

1. twigster9

twigster9 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Does anyone know if the iPhone 3GS ships with the gold and final version or have they hade some tweaks. Just because its OS 3.0 it doesnt mean that its the lastest OS 3.0 build. And im just curious but Apple must have started production of the iPhone 3GS months ago, when OS 3.0 wasnt final, how do they flash all of the iPhone 3GS'. Last year, the iPhone 3G 2.0 OS build that shipped wasnt the final, final version. Last year Apple made the screens a tad bit warmer. Those who didnt want this could restore their firmware via iTunes and get a slightly newer build. Link (Look at the update part).
  2. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    iPhone 3GS comes with 3.0... so the latest.
  3. Ryuzaki

Ryuzaki Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    3.0 final.
  4. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    They are exactly the same, byte for byte. It comes with 3.0 Build 7A341, which is both the GM and Final release.
  5. nikj14

nikj14 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    ninja'd
  6. Clusterfunk

Clusterfunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    No, they are not the same as the 3G and 2G iPhone software packages. It is called iPhone2,1_3.0_blah blah.ipsw. It has some apps, like compass and voice control that the 3G and 2G ones don't. Just for clarification.

The GM build and the Final 3.0 are the same on all other devices.
  7. twigster9

twigster9 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Is anyone sure. And yes, i know that different iPhones and iPod touches have specific firmware. Last year there was a slightly updated version of OS 2.0 than what shipped on the iPhone 3G. Theres also a thread Link that says that the "leaked" OS 3.0 GM wasnt the one that was pushed out yesterday. I woudnt put it past Apple to push out a new update to fix a few bugs. You can always restore your iPhone to get the lastest firmware version. Im asking this because i want the absolute lastest version (yeah, maybe im being a bit paranoid), but i dont want to restore my iPhone 3GS (soon to be) because I fear that the activation severs may be shot.
  8. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  9. Clusterfunk

Clusterfunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    That thread is wrong. It is the same. I was having trouble getting the 3.0 from iTunes, so I downloaded it manually and it said it was the latest version. The 3GS's were shipped before they could make any changes to the firmware, so the 3GS will have the latest firmware, which I can guarantee, will be called this:

iPhone2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw

(iPhone 3g = iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw)
  10. ZunePod

ZunePod Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    He was refering to GM/Final being exactly the same, the individual devices are differnet from each other.