iPhone 3GS iPhone 3GS Restore Issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by galy13, Sep 26, 2009.

1. galy13

galy13 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hello there, im new and i wanted to share with you my iPhone 3GS case i've got.

My uncle bought me iPhone 3GS from los angeles (not sim-free), and it was with 3.0.1 firmware and was jailbreak. My uncle installed a lot of things and my iPhone worked really slow... So i tried to make normal 3.0 restore and iTunes showed me Apple server communicaton issue, and since this action the iPhone showed me the iTunes logo with the cable and didn't show anything else.
    so i did a jailbreak with RedSn0w 0.8 for windows and it finished and then i saw my iPhone like it was at the first place (it didn't did any restore, just showing everything normally). Lately i did the "Reset all setting and content" (the thing that take like an hour) option from "Settings", it took while and i plugged out the iPhone from the power supply and then in the morning i saw that my iPhone was turned off. I tried to turn it on but i saw the Apple Logo stucks and showing nothing! sho i tried to do JailBreak via RedSn0w and nothing happend!
    *its always stucks on the "Activate" part where the running pineapple is shown, and then it show a cicrle running for a while and then im seeing "No battery" logo*
    Now, theres nothing that i can do!!!! i wanted to register my iPhone at the cydia server (ECID) but its to late and i cant use my iPhone...

Any suggestion for what to do? maybe i can register my iPhone details to Cydia without using my iPhone???

Please, tell me what can i do!!!

*Sorry for my bad english, im from israel*
  2. freemini

freemini Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Your only option is to install 3.1 and wait for a jailbreak. You can't restore to 3.0,3.0.1 without your ECID from 3.0.
  3. galy13

galy13 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I have ECID code but my device is 3.0.1.
    what can i do?
    and i afraid that if i upgrade to 3.1 ultrasn0w won't supprt 3.1 baseband, so i won't be able to make calls... *maybe for ever, as iPhone Dev-Team says*
    any suggestions?
  4. Ezekeel

Ezekeel New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Assuming your jailbroken 3.0 iBSS in NOR is still intact you might be able to upgrade to a custom pre-jb 3.1 FW without upgrading the baseband and losing the ultrasnow unlock. Wait until the devteam releases the new version of redsnow. If you update to the official 3.1 now you will lose your unlock.
  5. galy13

galy13 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    So I have to wait to update from Dev-Team? and leave the iphone like this?