iPhone 3GS iPhone 3GS restore error 1611 ;__;

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by icanfly23, Aug 2, 2010.

1. icanfly23

icanfly23 Member

Okay so I wanted to upgrade my iphone to the iOS 4.0 (not 4.0.1) last night, I had itunes 9.2 so I stupidly held shift and clicked on the restore button, restoring it to '4.0', well that didn't work and it caused an error code 1611, I updated my itunes to the newest itunes to upgrade it to 4.0.1 but that didn't work either and gave me a 1611 error, i restarted my comp, changed usb ports, put the device in DFU but the restore still didn't work. Is there any solutions? or is the device really bricked? I bought it for over a year ago so warranty is out T.T I bought it at a ATT store. please help!
  2. mrez

mrez Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    is this error after itunes installs all of the software of before? if it is after you can download tiny umbrella and click on kick off recovery mode and your probblem is sloved
  3. dude245

dude245 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    dont do it in dfu, try in recovery mode, unbrella is usefull in the 1015 error, not sure what else
  4. ILoveTMF

ILoveTMF New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Umbrella kicks any error out of it. lol you should be fine using it, just restore and after you restore use umbrella to kick it. lmao <-- kick it.