iPhone 3GS iPhone 3gs restore 3.1.3??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by franky_402, Jun 25, 2010.

1. franky_402

franky_402 New Member

ok i am helping my buddy out with his iphone, he has a 3gs thats on 3.1.3 I want to restore 3.1.3 so i can jailbreak and unlock it. however as we all know apple wont allow me to restore it because 4.0 is out now. I know there are ways so im wondering if all the awesome people here can help me out with how to do this!

and another thing is my aunt has a 3gs that she upgraded to 4.0 on, she got it back in 09 but the serial number is 88001 and it has the mb bootloader. i used snowbreeze to create a custom ipsw but when i try to flash it to the iphone in recovery it just sits there at waiting on iphone to restore, and if i try it in dfu mode it gives me errors. is thier a way i could downgrade this one back to 3.1.3 and then use spirit to jb?

Im using win7 64bit, and i also have hackintosh dual booting on it. Its osx 10.6.1 i believe. I downloaded pwnagetool but when i open it and select the firmware it just sits there and spins?
  2. darkjaksrevenge

darkjaksrevenge New Member

He doesn't have to pick update to iOS4 if he holds shift and then clicks restore in iTunes. So hold shift and hit restore and it will ask for you to pick an update file pick the 3.1.3 file.

For the 3GS, I don't have any idea because I have a 3G and with the 3G you can jailbreak with redsn0w.
  3. -lkv-

-lkv- New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Hold shift left click and restore to 3.1.3 since hes already on 3.1.3 and your aunt, juat use redsn0w to jailbreak her iphone, no need to go through all the restore hassle again
  4. franky_402

franky_402 New Member

when i did shift-click to restore 3.1.3 it gives me a message saying this iphone is not eligible for this firmware or something to that extent. and with my aunts iphone redsnow .9.5 says the it doesnt recognize ios4.0?? am i not using the latest version of redsnow i thought i did grab the right one!