iPhone 3GS Iphone 3gs reboot issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by -lkv-, May 4, 2010.

1. -lkv-

-lkv- New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Okay So i been having issues with my iphone 3gs, everytime when i reboot it, the phone goes back into the enter password then it will reboot, it happens when i was unjailbroken and jailbroken. You guys think its a hardware issue? Yes my iphone is under warrenty
  2. KoldFeit

KoldFeit Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I don't think this is normal behavior. I personally would restore the iPhone (but don't restore from a backup) and verify again. If it does it again take it back. You would have had to restore it anyways before returning it. Never return a jailbroken apple device they wont take it, but I'm sure you already knew that. Good luck!
  3. -lkv-

-lkv- New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)

I restored 3 times before jailbreak but yeah last thing to do is to take it back it to apple
  4. MrDodi

MrDodi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Try to do a DFU Restore,and after activating trough iTunes use " As a new phone" and do not activate a backup, if that wont work. Send it in.
  5. all_against_one

all_against_one New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Ok I see what you're talking about now... In the other thread I said I have never seen this but I do now have my gf's 3GS and her's does the same.. This is what it is.. When you are turning off your phone does it start to turn off then go back to the lockscreen or make you put in your password? This is due to the fact that you have restored to a backup with a .plist that makes the phone "rethink" what it's doing and start to turn off then stops then it goes again and finally turns off.. This is fixed by DFU restoring to a fresh ipsw without restoring to a previous backup you've had. Hope this helps. Anymore question just send me a message and I will help you out!