iPhone 3GS iPhone 3GS Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JayXL14, Jun 22, 2009.

1. JayXL14

JayXL14 Member

I just order an iPhone 3GS, and it should be coming within the next week or so. I've had an iPod Touch 2G, which I was able to jailbreak. I heard something about not upgrading to iTunes 8.2, and I plan on jailbreaking my iPhone 3GS whenever it comes out.

So, is it okay to update my iTunes or will it not allow me to jailbreak in the future? I don't really care about unlocking the iPhone since I have AT&T, but I guess I would do it if I could.
  2. ZunePod

ZunePod Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    You can't Jailbreak 3GS at the moment.
  3. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Its ok to update iTunes, the dev team said it was safe.
  4. JayXL14

JayXL14 Member

Yeah I know I was just wondering about updating to iTunes and stuff. So, how long did it take for the iPhone 3G jailbreak to come out after launch? And is jailbreaking the iPhone 3GS as easy as jailbreaking the iPod Touch? Like since it's a phone, do I have to worry about Apple finding out or syncing with my phone or anything, or is it straightforward?
  5. RoYaLx

RoYaLx Member

Device:
    HTC One
    I am sure the Dev Team will start on a 3GS jailbreak. Their priority right now is ultrasn0w.
  6. Xhiea

Xhiea Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    yeah you HAVE to upgrade to 8.2 to even support the 3GS, plus the dev team have already given the O-K on 8.2