iOS 3.1 iPhone 3GS Orange logo

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by joe0245, Dec 5, 2009.

1. joe0245

joe0245 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    I have an iPhone 3GS from my provider Orange-UK.

I have the new iboot and I jailbroke with blackra1n. Ive been trying to change my carrier logo to something different from the plain and boring "Orange" logo, as I couldnt do anything to change it (went around the FS - private/var/mobile/carrier bundle) i knew something was wrong.

I found a tweak on Cydia that recovered the carrier logo from iphones which the logo didnt show up (cant remember name of ir, think it was carrier logo fix or something). Installed that and after a respring, my logo changed from "orange" to "Orange-UK". After that I was able to change the carrier logo to whatever I wanted.

What I'm asking, is there anyway to get "orange-UK" to show up rather than just "Orange" WITHOUT jailbreaking? Because Turning my tethered iphone off is such a hassle with GCSE mocks going on this week.

Cheers.
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

No, there's no way to change it without your iPhone being jailbroken. There are other ways to change it, all of them, of course, requiring a jailbroken device.
  3. joe0245

joe0245 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Ahh right. Thanks for quick answer. Guess i''ll have to stick with tethered :/
  4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

No problem, and since you're gonna stick with your jailbroken device, check out MakeItMine (it may have spaces, not sure) from Cydia. With this app, you can change the carrier logo and the banner (where the time is on the status bar). Or you can change it manually if you find the right files (I have a little picture on the top left where the carrier logo is

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
  5. abakalad

abakalad Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    When the ipod touch jail break was semi tethered, I remember custom modifying my carrier logo and then rebooting the device (as unjailbroken) the carrier logo remained. I dont know if this is any help but maybe

Please Register or Log in to view images