iPhone 3GS iphone 3gs help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jessejames44, Feb 22, 2010.

1. jessejames44

jessejames44 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Is it possible to erase the firmware off an iphone.Heres what happened.A friend of mine has a iphone 3gs she was running firmware 3.1.2 then she jailbroke it used it for 3 months then she accidently updated to 3.1.3 and with the jailbreak now she can't get past the itunes logo.What happens I put it in dfu mode forgive me if thats wrong but I go to itunes to restore the firmware and everything goes well till its trying to find the iphone then the screen goes blank then comes back on then itunes says error 9.So can you erase firmware from a iphone.
  2. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    whats would do point be in erasing the firmare? and no the iphone is to smart for that
  3. jessejames44

jessejames44 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I don't know what she did and she doesn't know either.The phone is mine now and I tried everything for the last 3 days can you suggest anything I can do.
  4. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

The only way you can go back to 3.1.2 is if the SHSH's were backed up on Cydia. If that was never done you are stuck on 3.1.3. If it is a 3GS with the early bootrom you can jailbreak it with Pwnage Tool; if not I think you are SOL.
  5. freexx89

freexx89 New Member

mann i really wish i could jailbreak 3.1.3 i got 3gs for bday gift and i cant do much i guess
    btw PC user