iPhone 3GS iphone 3gs firmware?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gamebuster24, Oct 3, 2009.

1. gamebuster24

gamebuster24 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    are all the iphone 3gs currently in os 3.0 or are some of them version 3.1 out of the box?
  2. freemini

freemini Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    If you buy it now, you get 3.1..That's why I'm pretty angry..It's soo much until 30 october..
  3. Mosaic

Mosaic Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    All current 3GS' come pre-installed with 3.1
  4. gamebuster24

gamebuster24 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    dam.. that sucks. this means i cant jailbreak it yet.. is the 3gs really THAT significant of an improvement to the 3g?should i get the regular 3g 8 gb or should i just get the 3gs 1 gb and wait it out until the dev team or other devs find a jailbreak for 3.1?

capacity wise, my main use of the iphone will be music and few apps.. so the regular 3g 8g might be JUST enough.. thought my current ipod touch is 16 gb and i have 4 gigs left because of all my apps..im willing to cut it down because i don use most of it...

so what should i get? 3gs 16gb or 3g 8 gb?
  5. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Are you getting a new or used one?

I'm assuming there will be a JB for the 3GS on 3.1 eventually. Do you need it unlocked?

For the money I'd go with the 3GS; can still find used ones on 3.0.X; if you are getting a new one you'll have to wait for the 3GS JB or just get a 3G.
  6. gamebuster24

gamebuster24 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    im gettin it new.. but does the apple store also sell used? and i was planning to avoid the data plan thing in any way possible which i assume is unlocking and jailbreaking
  7. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Apple store sells refurbished and new ones only.

Assuming you are in the U.S.: The iPhone can be bought without a contract but it is not cheap ($700 or something). If you buy it with a contract you will be stuck with AT+T and will have their data plan on your account but the purchase price will be half as much (give or take).

Hopefully that helps.