iPhone 3GS iPhone 3GS display issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by borango, Jan 28, 2010.

1. borango

borango New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    To begin with, I am not insane, have good eye vision, am not a pixel peeper or freak of some sort. Needed to make a disclaimer because I didn't find anyone that had similar problem. Ok, the device is brand new and in use for some 2 weeks now. Everything seemed to work in order until last night when suddenly I noticed that there is something strange with the way the screen on the phone displays images and text, especially games. The image was not as sharp as before, pixels especially around the edges of round letters were more visible. In games that was most visible - the difference is huge - earlier the screen (eg. in game Virtual pool)displayed superb image and quality but now the balls are simply not round anymore - I can best describe it as if the screen resolution somehow degraded or as if refresh rate got lower. It is irritating and it really tires the eyes. I find it strange because on iPhone the resolution is fixed. Apart from that, everything else works. Did a restore but nothing helped. Firmware vers. 3.1.2 (7D11), 16GB. Did someone experience that? Would appreciate any help? Is it fixable or do I need to return the phone?? thanks in advance!
  2. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Post up a screen shot

Please Register or Log in to view images

Also, if it is that bad I'd take it back to Apple.